Roasted Salmon Heart Smart Recipe
These heart smart recipes include helpful spices and ingredients which are good for the heart. The main ingredient for the main menu is salmon which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are known to improve heart health and may prevent the risk of heart attacks. For the side dish, the shrimp and the white beans are known to help in heart health as well.
- 1 ½ pounds salmon fillet, skin removed and cut into 6 parts
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 dashes of hot sauce
- In a food processor put the ingredients. Process until finely diced and are uniform in texture the onion, garlic, jalapeno, vinegar, salt, hot sauce, cumin and chili powder.
- Set aside the salsa. (Note: You can do the salsa ahead and refrigerate it.)
- Prepare the oven and preheat to 400F.
- Place salmon in a large roasting pan.
- Spoon salsa and spread on top of the salmon.
- Roast the salmon until its flaky outside and pink inside. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Serve with favorite side dishes.
Side Dish: Grilled Shrimp Skewers over White Bean Salad
- 24 raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 tsp grated lemon, zest
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, minced
- 2 tbsp sage, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 2 15oz cans of cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine lemon juice oil, lemon zest, sage, pepper, salt, chives and oregano. Take two tablespoons of this mixture and set aside.
- In the large bowl, add the beans, tomatoes, and celery, toss well.
- Preheat grill to medium or high.
- Thread shrimp into 6 skewers.
- Oil the grill rack. Then grill the shrimp until it turns pink and firm. Turn it once and cook for 4 minutes.
- Serve the shrimp in beans and drizzled it with the dressing you reserved.
These recipes are as simple as it sounds. You can look for more additional for it and you’ll be having a complete meal. Add in some salad and a healthy dessert and you’ll be having a happy heart after.